What is Dental Insurance?
Having dental insurance can give you much-needed peace of mind—especially considering the high cost of dental work. With a quality dental insurance policy, you can get coverage for anything from routine exams and cleanings to more complex procedures such as root canals and extractions. Dental plans typically fall into one of three categories: employer-based, self-purchased, or “riders” attached to medical insurance policies. Whether you currently have coverage or are trying to decide whether to add on dental benefits, it’s important to understand the basics of dental insurance.
What does dental insurance cover?
Most dental insurance plans cover:
- Preventative exams
- Routine teeth cleaning
- Root Canals
- Other oral surgical procedures
Be sure to read the details of your plan to understand the level of coverage and potential out-of-pocket costs.
Frequently Asked Questions
For individuals, dental insurance costs typically range between $16 and $70 per month. Costs vary depending on your provider and the level of coverage outlined by each plan.
Yes. Dental, vision, and health insurance can be bundled. Depending on your carrier, you may be able to save money by bundling.
You should consider and anticipate specific coverage needs for yourself and each member of your family when choosing the right plan. If you have a dentist preference, make sure that your plan is accepted at the dental practice you prefer.
Dental coverage leads to earlier and better dental care. Dental insurance can also lower your costs while helping you prevent dental hygiene problems that can impact your overall health. You should consider your oral health needs to determine what type of plan is right for you and your budget.
How We Save You Money
- We represent the country’s top insurers
- One central place to get multiple quotes to make sure you get the right coverage for the most competitive price
- Guidance to help you understand the different coverages that are suitable for your insurance needs and your budget
- Only with Boost, you get annual reviews of your policy to make sure your rates stay as low as possible
- Easy payment options, flexible down payments and personalized service
With nearly 10 years of experience, we’re here to help you each step of the way